Design: Furniture Maker Alejandro Sticotti Live-streams His Creative Process
Watch the Sticotti Bookshelf and Coat Rack being designed and manufactured from sustainable South American wood.
Today in Design we're highlighting a cool new project from Argentinian designer Alejandro Sticotti and Buenos Aires-based manufacturer Sudacas. The pair are live-streaming the design and manufacturing processes behind the Sticotti Bookshelf and Coat Rack, giving consumers a glimpse into how their handmade creations come to life. Using sustainable wood from South American forests and a modular joinery system, the Sticotti products are elegant and warm, with a minimalist aesthetic that keeps the focus on the materials.
The next live-stream will take place today at 2:00 PM EDT (originally scheduled for 3:00 PM, as noted in the video, above) when Sticotti product designer Pablo Carracedo will discuss woodworking techniques and the Sticotti manufacturing process. Tune in here to check it out.
- RELATEDDesign: 432 Park AvenueA new standard of luxury.READ NOW
- RELATED11 Rare Japanese Classics Ripped From Western Car DesignIn the Nissan Zama Heritage Collection, a rather familiar feelREAD NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Baltimore's Inner Harbor Water WheelMr. Trash Wheel has come to the city's rescue.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Amazon Building Treehouses for EmployeesAn ambitious, and very green, new building is under construction in Downtown Seattle.READ NOW
- RELATEDDesign: Beijing's Bird Nest StadiumREAD NOW