The Evening Rush for March 09, 2016
Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
A beautiful Porsche 911 GT2 test mule has been spotted strutting its stuff in snowy weather. This forthcoming monster will be rear-drive and pack upwards of 700 horsepower, according to reports.
Audi is currently testing new versions of its popular A5 coupe, convertible, and sportback. Although the sportback won't make it to the U.S., we're all about seeing an improved coupe and convertible hit our shores. The new A5 will likely utilize Volkswagen's MLB Evo platform found on the current A4, resulting in significant weight reduction.
The 2016 Infiniti Q50 will offer a range of new engine options, and that means more pricing options. The 208-hp, 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder will start at $34,855, and the punchier, 360-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 hybrid will start at $47,050. And, remember, Infiniti still has that 400-hp Q50 Red Sport up its sleeve.
Springtime is near, and that means it's time to gear up for hiking. Do yourself a favor and shop smart by picking up the Osprey Kode 32 Backpack here, for 41 percent off. This little daypack is the perfect piece to hold all your tools and food for the day’s adventure.
Driving across-country and prefer not to stop for food? No worries, the RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove has got you covered. Capable of heating food up to 300 degrees, this lunchbox looking contraption is the smart way to eat on-the-go. Just keep your eyes on the road.
Today’s beer pick takes us to Chelsea, Massachusetts, and Mystic Brewery. Specializing in farmhouse ales, Mystic has done a fantastic job of refining some really solid beers to a tidy blend of adventurous and drinkable. Mystic recently released a roasty, warm porter, called The Hum. Recommended.
Shopping for a new pair of kicks? Look no further than to the New Balance x J.Crew collaboration 997 Butterscotch. These limited-edition sneakers go on sale online March 12.
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 08, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Evening Rush for March 07, 2016Your nightly cull of automotive, gear and lifestyle news, all in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe New Audi A8 Doesn't Need to SellWhy has Audi's flagship sedan failed? The better question: Does it even matter?READ NOW
- RELATEDHennessey Supercharges the Mustang Shelby GT350Think natural-aspiration is for suckers? John Hennessey agrees. Here's his 800-horsepower argument-ender.READ NOW
- RELATEDAmazon CEO Wants You On His Rocket to SpaceCirca 2018 Blue Origin Will be Taking CustomersREAD NOW