LMP3 Race Car Crashes Hard Into Barrier During Testing
That's one hard hit.
European Le Mans race car driver Gwenaël Delomier was involved in a massive crash Tuesday when his Norma M30 LMP3 car made a hard right into a barrier before a corner at Autodromo Nazionale Monza during testing. Though in a video much of the car appears to basically explode into tons of little pieces, Delomier said on Facebook that he is "fine" following the incident.
"I'm fine," said
In the clip, you can see the closed-top endurance race car veer right into the trackside barrier. From where we're sitting, there was no warning or any kind of sign of something failing on the car that would cause it to go off track. And oh boy does it look like a hard impact.
ELMS opens on April 16 at the Silverstone Circuit in England.
- RELATEDMcLaren's Boss Wants to Return the Brand to the 24 Hours of Le MansAfter a nearly 20-year absence, McLaren's new boss think it may be time to head back to the famed French endurance race.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche’s Heartfelt Tribute to Audi’s Le Mans Team Will Make You CryWe can feel the warmth between the sister brands from here.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Do Dogs Love/Hate Cars?For some it's a daily thrill. For others it's terror incarnate. What makes some dogs love car rides while others are terrified of them?READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Rolex 24 at Daytona Was Soggy and SatisfyingRain on the Rolex 24 didn't stop Wayne Taylor Racing's Cadillac from winning overall.READ NOW
- RELATEDEPA Clears Volkswagen to Sell Fixed 2015 Dieselgate CarsBut no new VW diesels will hit U.S. soil for at least another 18 months.READ NOW