Watch Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Chelsea DeNofa Drift 1,000-HP Ford Mustangs
Both Ford Mustang RTRs will compete in the 2017 Formula DRIFT season.
Take a minute out of your day to ogle Formula DRIFT competitors Vaughn Gittin Jr. and Chelsea DeNofa as they throw their high-performance Ford Mustangs sideways.
DeNofa will be joining Gittin Jr. and the RTR Motorsports team for the 2017 Formula DRIFT season, after coming off a hot 2016. She took first place at last year’s Formula DRIFT Streets of Long Beach, and RTR Motorsports presumably hopes her star will continue to rise.
Both drivers will be racing 1,000-horsepower 2017 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5-Ds this season. And if this little teaser video is any indication of how the season will go, you can expect a lot of action.
Both vehicles are able to achieve such aggressive drifts thanks to a BC Racing coilover suspension system, as well as sticky Nitto NT05 tires. According to Gittin and Ford Performance, the monstrous drift car weighs only 2,800 pounds and does the quarter mile in approximately nine seconds. That might be why it is able to lift its right front tire while powering through a drift.
- RELATEDShelby GT350 Owners Sue Ford, Claiming Their "Track-Ready" Mustangs Overheat Too FastAccording to reports, the Shelby GT350's transmission and rear differential can overheat in as little as 15 minutes.READ NOW
- RELATEDMecum Auctions Puts Second Ever 1965 Ford Mustang on Auction BlockThe Mustang was built so early on that some of the sheetmetal is stamped preproduction.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo: Thieves Steal $100K Mustang From Showroom, Drive Through DoorGone in... slightly more than 60 seconds.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to a Turbocharged V-12 BMW E30 3 Series Drift Car Come to LifeIts engine bay is a beautiful mess.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Daily Driven 1971 MGB GT Drift Around IcelandThe old Brit thrives just south of the Arctic Circle in a new film by Petrolicious.READ NOW