This Belgian Rally's Porsche 911s Sound Crazy Good
Modern or classic, these rear-mounted flat-sixes produce blissful tunes.
Though new compact cars are usually the choice vehicle for professional rallying, as this YouTube video from a recent European rally reminds us, rear-engined Porsche 911s aren't half bad at speeding down a gravel-covered rally stage either.
A video shared on YouTube Thursday shows a bunch of rally cars going around a few corners on a shakedown stage head of a competition. In the clip, we caught a glimpse an E30 M3, a handful of 997-generation Porsche 911s, one classic 911, several Ford Fiestas, and even a cute Opel Adam—and those are just the cars that immediately caught our attention.
The cars in the clip appear to be testing for Spa Rally, an event that's taking place Saturday and Sunday in Belgium.
That said, did you hear those damn 911 rally cars? Especially that one at the 2:10 mark, the way that Porsche sounds as it bounces off the limiter—damn.
Check out the clip below.
- RELATEDExperience The Beauty Of Tuthill's 911 SC/RS On A Snowy Rally StageThe Legendary Group B 911 Rally Car Homologation Special Tackles A Wintery Stage With Studs OnREAD NOW
- RELATEDThis Drift-Filled Rally Test Day Sure Looks FunSometimes the difference between heaven and hell is a BMW 6 Series rally car.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Kris Meeke's WRC Rally Car Fly Off-Course Into a Parking Lot…and Still WinNavigating through a packed parking lot while attempt to win a stage rally is not ideal.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Guy Ski Behind a Drifting BMW Rally CarIt's like 'Endless Summer,' but for car guys, and in the winter.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Dirty Dozen: Twelve Porsches On The Coastal Range RallyIn this drone photo are most of the 911s and 912s on #CRR2017READ NOW