Watch a 580-HP V-8-Powered BMW E30 3 Series Drift Car Do Its Thing
This BMW never stops getting sideways.
Stock E30-generation BMW M3s are delicately balanced cars, with 215-horsepower inline-four S14 motors sending power to the rear wheels. It's just enough to keep the driver's blood flowing on a spirited drive, and able to get the wheels spinning when the driver wants to do some showing off.
Now imagine that but with nearly three times the amount of power. The careful balance between grip and go may no longer exist...but now you have one incredible drift car.
A video uploaded to YouTube on February 7th shows what happens when you stuff a supercharged, 4.0-liter 580-horsepower BMW M62 V-8—along with a couple other modifications—into an E30, then put that E30 on a drift course.
And this V-8-powered E30 M3 gets very sideways.
The video was shot at the King of Italy Drift SuperCup event on the weekend of January 20th in Verona, Italy, according to the video's description. Drifter Gerson Junginger owns the car and was behind the wheel in the shots seen above.
That's some quality handiwork behind the steering wheel there, Mr. Junginger.
- RELATEDWait, BMW Beat Ferrari and Aston Martin As the "Most Seductive Car" in France?It seems the French prefer plebeian German luxury cars to speedy supercars when it comes to vehicular seduction.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This E46 BMW M3 Fly Up Lebanon's Falougha Hill ClimbGaro Haroutiounian may not be a household name in the U.S.—but he should be.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a 530-HP BMW M2 Rocket up the Gurnigel Hill Climb in SwitzerlandApparently swapping in a S55 straight-six from a BMW M4 makes the M2 a great hillclimb competitor.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis V-10 BMW M3 Build Is Heaven's Own Drift CarLuke Fink's V-10-engined 3 Series screams louder than a bunch of preteens at a Justin Bieber concert.READ NOW
- RELATEDBMW to Continue On With Diesels in USWhile VW and Audi are paying the price, BMW to continue on.READ NOW