Jeff Gordon Is Great, but We're Cheering for His Rolex 24 Teammate
Jordan Taylor is young, talented, and funny as hell.
You’ll hear it constantly from racing enthusiasts: Grousing.
Mostly about the lack of character and grit in modern racing. Where are the Hunts? The Hailwoods? The Foyts and the Johnsons?
Meet Jordan Taylor, you sentimental whingers. He’s not just a character—sometimes sporting a balk-inducing mullet, satirizing his famous teammates, or forming godawful boybands in the paddock—the dude is also very, very talented behind the wheel. At Daytona, the 25-year-old is sharing a factory Cadillac DPi prototype racer with NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon.
Other notches in his belt? Well, the 2013 Grand-Am Championship’s a start. Oh, and a 2015 win at Le Mans in the factory Corvette C7.R. But those are just a couple highlights of a properly well-rounded racing resume. Big wins, strong finishes. Taylor's a proper wheelman.
That driver you’ve been wanting so badly to cheer for? The one with guts and brass and a sense of humor about their place in the world? He’s been right under your nose. If you’re looking for someone to cheer on this weekend, look for all the reporters and crowds surrounding Jeff Gordon. You’ll find your guy just off camera, only a few inches from stardom.
- RELATEDIs NASCAR's New Racing Format a Suicide Mission?Chasing viewers, NASCAR is doubling down on its flaws.READ NOW
- RELATEDCarl Edwards Retires From NASCAR and the Feds Indict More VW Execs: The Evening RushPlus, camping stools from Best Made Co for your next adventure.READ NOW
- RELATEDCarl Edwards Expected to Retire from NASCAR TomorrowThere's good news and bad news alike for Toyota's stock car racing efforts this week.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Wants Back into NASCAR? Fine. But What Now?Returning to the sport isn't as easy as you think.READ NOW
- RELATEDBig News: Dodge and Sergio Are Ready to Return to NASCAROut since 2012, Sergio says he's ready to come back to the series.READ NOW