IndyCar and Pocono Have to Wait Until Monday
Scratchy throat? Stuffy head? That’s fine with IndyCar, which hopes you find some reason to call in sick Monday and stay home and watch the ABC Supply Company Pocono 500, which was postponed from today to noon on Monday.
Rain forced the move, just as it did for NASCAR’s Sprint Cup race at Bristol, from Saturday to Sunday.
Pocono is expected to be sad enough anyway, as this is the anniversary of Justin Wilson’s death there last year. But the show must go on. Even if it’s Monday.
The photo shows what it would look like if polesitter Mikhail Aleshin was leading. Josef Newgarden and Takuma Sato will start second and third.
- RELATEDFog Is His Best Friend: Chris Buescher Wins NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at PoconoIf you had Buescher to win in the office pool, you are probably as happy as he is.READ NOW
- RELATEDOh No, No Pocono!NASCAR Axalta 400 rescheduled for Monday, as is NHRA New England NationalsREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Drive's 2016 IndyCar PrimerThe 2016 IndyCar campaign kicks off at St. Petersburg on Sunday, March 13. Here are the story lines to keep an eye on.READ NOW
- RELATEDCan IndyCar Make Racing Safer?For answers, we go straight to the source: Scott Dixon, four-time IndyCar Champion.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndyCar Crash Survivor James Hinchcliffe Thinks IndyCar Is SafeThis year’s Indy 500 polesitter talks to us about his horrific crash, triumphant comeback and why he has no fear of getting back behind the wheel.READ NOW