The Drive Goes Behind the Scenes at Formula E Long Beach
Pulling back the curtain on the electric car racing series.
If you're a follower of Formula E, you probably know the results of the 2016 Formula E Long Beach ePrix on April 2 already: ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport's Lucas di Grassi took first place, his teammate Daniel Abt claimed third, and Venturi's Stéphane Sarrazin split the difference, crossing the finish line less than a second behind di Grassi. But you might not have seen all the madness and magic happening off the race track. The drivers interacting with fans big and small. The electricity being pumped into the cars' batteries while dry ice cools the vehicles down. The anxious moments before the race, and the triumphant moments that come after it.
So to give you a chance to peek inside this world, The Drive sent photographer Tomas Muscionico down to Long Beach to capture what it's like behind the scenes of the world's preeminent electric car racing series. Click on through the gallery and check it out.
- RELATEDFormula E Announces Driverless Racing SeriesAutonomous cars will compete with software. Are you entertained?READ NOW
- RELATEDGulf Oil Will Sponsor an All-Electric Formula E RacecarOh, the irony.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Announces New Electric Car, Formula E Race TeamCoventry launches its first global motorsport program in more than a decade (and hints at a new, all-electric future).READ NOW
- RELATEDAudi Boss: Electrics—Not Diesels—Are the FutureFighting words from deep inside Dieselgate.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs a Tesla Road Trip in Your Future?How EV manufacturers are making it easier to pull the plug and get driving.READ NOW