NASCAR’s New Ad Gives Us All the Racing Feels
It’s in our blood.
Auto racing, as the famous saying goes, was invented five minutes after the second car was built. Makes sense. That’s always been our inclination, our natural push, to get there first. Sometimes “there” is the parking lot, sometimes it’s the Moon. But racing is what we do. And NASCAR knows it.
It’s been a long time since a commercial so successfully gave us the racing feels. This NASCAR ad hits so hard and so well, it almost makes us wish it were, y’know, for something other than NASCAR. Not that we’re against the nation’s favorite racing series—we’ll be watching the Daytona 500 this weekend along with 10 million other Americans—but we can’t help but wish the product could better deliver. Less aero, more personality, and genuine factory-based cars.
Hey, there’s always next year, right?
- RELATEDDonnie Allison on the Greatest Lap In NASCAR HistoryThe wild end of the 1979 Daytona 500, written by the man who raced it.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Agonizing Beauty of Local Auto Dealership AdvertisingPresidents’ Day is about way more than our founding fathers.READ NOW
- RELATEDNASCAR Driver Honors Pro Wrestler Ric Flair on HelmetMuch neon. Very “WOOOO.”READ NOW
- RELATED6 Biggest Super Bowl Car Commercial FlopsBig game airtime is $10 million per minute. Might as well have lit a pile of cash on fire.READ NOW
- RELATEDFor One Perfect Moment, NASCAR Does GymnasticsA 750-horsepower pommel horse comes to Pocono.READ NOW