Former F1 Driver Joins the Sex Toy Industry
The toys are wireless and interactive and vaguely dystopian.
Perhaps seeking the thrill he left behind after a brief Formula 1 career, Dutch driver Robert Doornbos, formerly of Red Bull Racing, has founded Kiiroo, a company that makes sex toys. But, because a former racing driver never really loses his appetite for the dynamic and the satisfaction of control-by-wire, the sex toys that Kiiroo produces are interactive. They are even, in fact, remote-controllable and meant to be used by partners to mitigate, well, loneliness; via Internet connection, the Kiiroos system allows far-flung sex partners to “feel each other’s touch.” The technology is called “Teledildonics” and God-willing, you will never again see that word in print.
For the lonelier among the libidinous, the toys can also be synchronized with the pornography that Kiiroos sells on its website. All the necessary buzzes and wiggles are synchronized to the “narrative,” if different angles of human-orifice interaction may be so-called. Because wires might strangle in the heat of the cyber-moment, all communication is done through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. (Looking to truly horrify an unsuspecting set of Bose wireless speakers?) Passcode protection is standard on every device, so that no curious intruder can experience the whirring, silicone-facilitated touch of your distant lover.
How quickly the world has tired of sexting. Or maybe F1 just really is that boring now.
- RELATED2016 Audi TT Roadster: 'Sexy Baby' No MoreNo longer just a stylish accessory, Audi's new mighty mite is out for blood. And the looks still kill.READ NOW
- RELATEDSex, Racing and Paul Newman: 6 Questions for Adam CarollaThe comedian, podcaster and car collector on Paul Newman (and the true meaning of “hot pit.”)READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Rapide S Drills New Wells of SexyThe four-door GT, already reeking of Beau Brummell’s cologne tray, gets even dandier for 2016.READ NOW
- RELATED7 Cars That Belong in NYC’s Museum of SexThe Drive’s proposed additions, from the arousing to the seriously disturbing.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy You Should Lust Over This Sexy French Sex BombThe Facel Vega flies below the radar of would-be Ferrari and Mercedes collectors, and is all the more desirable for it.READ NOW