Billionaire Roman Abramovich Brings Supercars Worth $11.3 Million to Nurburgring
The private session featured a Ferrari FXX, a Pagani Zonda R, an Aston Martin Vulcan and many more.
The average gearnut would die to have the entire Nurburgring shuttered to the public and turned into their own asphalt-drenched amusement park. Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is anything but average so when he’s jonesing for a little Green Hell, he simply calls up fellow Ruskie oligarch Viktor Kharitonin, who now owns the track, and gets the whole place shut down for two days so he can bring his fancy toys and shred their expensive tires.
Apparently, Big Garage Nurburgring, one of those “come drive all our cars” outfits, brought a heap of single-seater, Formula-style sports cars for Abramovich and his cohorts to test out, and also an entire range of Porsches, but the best rides came from Abramovich’s garage. Topping his fleet list is a Pagani Zonda R, one of only 15 produced. With a 6.0-liter M120 engine ripped from the Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, hand-built by the folks at AMG, it rockets the Zonda R to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds and fires it along to a top speed of 218.
Second best? A $2.1 million Ferrari FXX, the 6.3-liter, V-12 prototype supercar with a staggering 789 horsepower. Rounding out the enviable crop, a Ferrari 488 GT3, with its throaty 3.9-liter turbocharged V-8 and monstrous rear wing, a Bugatti Veyron, a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, a Lamborghini Reventon, and an Aston Martin Vulcan. This is thought to be the only time Abramovich's entire stallion has been seen in public.
Abramovich, believed to have a net worth north of $11 billion, and cronies spent the first day tearing around the 12.9 mile Nordschleife, or the ‘Northern Loop,’ before moving onto the GP Strecke, the shorter 3.2 mile circuit, on the second day. Watch Abramovich’s cars in motion and hear the Pagani revving in the below video.
- RELATEDChevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. Mercedes-AMG GT-R at the NürburgringThe hills are alive with the sound of V-8s.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Koenigsegg Eyes The Nurburgring RecordREAD NOW
- RELATEDExtended Wheelbase Bentley Mulsanne Spied at NürburgringWorld domination is about to get a lot more legroom.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Runs the Nurburgring As Fast As the Carrera GTWe have trouble believing you, Porsche. You should let us try it for ourselves.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Nurburgring 2.0: A Better, Faster, Safer Race TrackREAD NOW