Snoop Dogg Gives Kobe Bryant Customized Drop-Top Pontiac
The Black Mamba will roll in bright fashion, thanks to the Doggfather.
Erstwhile Los Angeles Laker Kobe Bryant will leave the NBA with a reported $680 million. That pretty much gives him carte blanche to snap up any snazzy set of wheels he prefers. However, nothing he can buy will be as unique as what Snoop Dogg just gave him. The rapper dropped off a 1966 Pontiac Parisienne convertible, festooned in Lakers yellow paint with a purple ragtop.
But for the most incredible part of the car, you’ll needn’t look much farther than the hood. There, a number of Laker and NBA icons have been painted on, including Shaquille O’Neal, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Cooper, Bryant himself and, naturally, Snoop Dogg.
This rare ride will at least be a safe one for the five-time champ. That third-gen Parisienne boasted a few safety features that were a first for the marque, including a collapsible steering and a dual braking system. No doubt the powerplant has been upgraded, though the optional 396 cubic inch, 7.0-liter V-8 was no joke for the time. Now, there’s no telling what’s under that elongated bonnet, but it’ll presumably get Bryant moving in a hurry.
As for whether this is gaudy or great, taste is subjective. Bryant tweeted that it was an “unbelievable” gift from Snoop Dogg, so safe to assume he likes it. Then again, the stern face he’s wearing in the picture may suggest otherwise.
What do you think about the custom Parisienne? Love it or loathe it?
- RELATEDCrappy Cars That Celebrities OwnThey have all the money in the world and they buy...that?READ NOW
- RELATEDBringing Kanye and Wiz Khalifa’s Twitter Feud to the GarageStop slut-shaming Amber Rose; start shit-talking each other’s cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: VW Is Scrapping The Golf 400 R, But All Isn't Lost Just Yet.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Kanye Should Spend $1B in the Automotive SectorTo make a small fortune, start with a large one.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs Kanye West Trying to Kill Another Maybach?It sounds like it, from the noise the thing is making.READ NOW