Matt LeBlanc Slated to Host Top Gear Solo
Official confirmations to come, but the deals are all but done.
If you were a fan of Matt LeBlanc on this season of Top Gear, rejoice. Sources close to Variety have the actor returning for the 24th season of the BBC show as the solo host. Chris Harris, Rory Reid, Sabine Schmitz and the oddly and under-utilized Eddie Jordan are all reportedly coming back to present, though it seems like LeBlanc will be the new face of the program, replacing the outgoing screaming, Cheeto-colored, alleged sexual harasser that is Chris Evans.
While a representative for LeBlanc has yet to officially confirm the contracts have been signed, if it all sails through the legal channels, it’ll be a busy year for the actor. LeBlanc is set to helm a new CBS comedy entitled “Man With a Plan,” his first starring role on a network sitcom since the ill-conceived “Joey” spin-off more than a decade ago. BBC and Top Gear producers are aware of the commitments to CBS and are expected to work around his U.S. shooting schedule.
While this season’s Top Gear was a tumultuous one, in terms of reviews and ratings, it also had some stiff competition in terms of airing time. Many episodes were up against matches from the Euro 2016 soccer tournament. Still, the BBC released a statement from director Mark Linsey that said “the right people remain, on both the production team and the presenting team, to take the show forward and make it the hit we want it to be.”
Fingers crossed for the next season.
- RELATEDMatt LeBlanc May Quit Top Gear If Chris Evans Isn't FiredGuess you could say they're not really friends.READ NOW
- RELATEDFriends Matt LeBlanc is the New Top Gear HostMatt LeBlanc. Yes, seriously, the guy from Friends.READ NOW
- RELATED5 Top Gear Hosts We’d Like to SeeMatt LeBlanc is an interesting pick, but what about Nick Offerman and Joe Biden?READ NOW
- RELATEDTop Gear and Ken Block Piss Off Half of LondonDoing donuts in front of a war memorial can have that effect.READ NOW
- RELATEDTop Gear’s Fourth Episode Was Perhaps the Worst So FarRecord-setting low live ratings confirm this one stunk.READ NOW