Ranking 2016 Oscar Nominees’ Car Commercials
A handful of Academy hopefuls have shilled for cars. Whose spot reigns supreme?
Whether you’re an up-and-coming actor or a household name with critical darlings and blockbusters alike under your belt, you’ve got bills to pay. Which can mean saying yes to commercial endorsements. Car manufacturers can throw enough money to make the most notorious holdouts step in front of the camera and force a smile.
Sometimes the results are brilliant, sometimes they’re insane, but either way we the viewers win.
Since a handful of the A-listers comprising this year’s Oscar ballot have hawked vehicles, we scrounged up the adverts and ordered them from worst to best.*
*By best we mean our favorite. Not actually, like, good or anything.
Honorable Mention: Adam McKay for Dodge
- RELATEDThe First Annual DriviesThe Golden Globe Awards is a banal, self-congratulatory orgy of breathless acceptance speeches. Here, we give out awards for automotive excellence in film. Suck it, Hollywood.READ NOW
- RELATEDGolden Globes: Charlize Theron Was Robbed. Here’s WhyToday the nominations were announced, and our favorite battle-axe was forgotten.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 8 Best (and Worst) Car Commercials by AthletesWhen sports stars hawk cars, everyone wins.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 9 Greatest Super Bowl Car Commercials, RankedFor your pre-game viewing pleasure.READ NOW
- RELATEDKevin Bacon's Favorite Cop Car Is the Crown VicThe Hollywood vet dishes on Austin-Healeys, stolen police cruisers and the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to him in a car.READ NOW