Adele Crushes ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden
Two of England’s biggest successes drive around singing (in a Range Rover, naturally).
Countless are the tortured romantics who’ve belted out Adele’s smash-selling piano ballad “Hello” alone, at top volume, oozing palpable heartache, in the privacy of their cars. So it kind of makes sense the Grammy-winning British torch singer would wind up performing her hit in one—specifically, a black Range Rover Sport traveling the rain-slicked streets of London—for a segment on The Late Late Show With James Corden called “Carpool Karaoke” Wednesday.
In the 15-minute video, the cherubic chat show host handles chauffeur duties involving lots of seat-belted grooving. But he joins Adele for energetic duets on “Hello” and “Someone Like You,” although Corden’s voice is necessarily overwhelmed by her towering contralto.
The two affable Brits have a good old time together. They ponder getting into a fistfight with Taylor Swift’s squad; Adele spills a mug of tea on herself, raps along to Nicki Minaj and vamps to vintage Spice Girls. She joins an illustrious Late Late Show passenger list that includes Mariah Careyand odd bedfellows Rod Stewart and A$AP Rocky, all of whom previously wended through traffic with Corden, harmonizing and charming one other to create viral tremors across the internet. Wednesday’s edition was no exception: The hashtag #AdeleCarpool lit up Twitter. Three of Britain’s most beloved exports make for quality entertainment.
- RELATEDCrappy Cars That Celebrities OwnThey have all the money in the world and they buy...that?READ NOW
- RELATEDPlease, Watch This Daredevil’s Insane SwansongJumping into retirement over the Yellow River.READ NOW
- RELATED12 Military Vehicles That Will Knock Winter On Its AssIn the hot zone, and beating the crap out of the cold.READ NOW
- RELATEDBefore They Were Stars, They Drove These CarsSome training wheels are better than others, but even celebrities start somewhere.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriver’s Ed With Conan O’Brien, Kevin Hart and Ice CubeThis poor lady has no idea what’s coming.READ NOW